Richard, the “father” of the Father-Daughter law firm, has been an attorney for 30 years. As an attorney, he drafted his first client estate plan in 1994 and has focused his practice almost exclusively in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust Administration and Probate since 1999. He is extremely knowledgeable and is capable of crafting complex estate plans but is also very good at creating practical solutions that are understandable and flexible for his clients.
In his personal life, Richard is married, has two daughters, two grandsons, a granddaughter, and two hyper, but very loveable dogs. He likes to keep busy with projects of all kinds – anything ranging from pen-making to real estate investment and remodeling projects.
California State Bar – December 1993
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Business Administration from the University of Southern California. Richard attended USC on full academic scholarships – he was a recipient of the USC Outstanding Student Scholarship and the USC Haynes Foundation Scholarship.
- Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School (SCALE program)
- Author, The Real Estate Investor’s Guide to Corporations, LLCs & Asset Protection Entities (Kaplan Publishing)
- Author, Tax Secrets of Millionaire Real Estate Investors (Kaplan Publishing)
- Author, Selling Real Estate Without Paying Taxes: A Guide to Capital Gains Tax Alternatives (1st and 2nd Editions) (Dearborn Publishing)